1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Golden Laced.......what?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by crazycoop12, Feb 8, 2013.

1. crazycoop12

crazycoop12 Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2012
    I have 2 roosters that have single comb and white legs. I have a hen that is single combed and very pale yellow legs. Are they orphingtons or wyondottes with undesireable traits with the single comb? They are all beautiful big ( I would guess weight of around 8lbs.) chickens. I am getting ready to incubate eggs and would like to figure this out. I suppose I could just sell them as golden laced mixed. Thanks for any help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chicken Tamer

Chicken Tamer Overrun With Chickens

Jul 10, 2012
    On The Couch (-:P
    The first thing I think is Wyandotte... but he does not have the right comb. I shall do some research! He may be a Wyandotte mix

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    I agree with Chicken Tamer - likes looks like a GLW + ? Very handsome bird!

4. Chicken Tamer

Chicken Tamer Overrun With Chickens

Jul 10, 2012
    On The Couch (-:P
    Agreed! He is beautiful!

5. Mac14

Mac14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2012
    Northern California
    I want! [​IMG]

6. crazycoop12

May 6, 2012
    I agree. I think they are Wyondotte mixed maybe. I am just going to sell the babies as golden laced mixed. The hen looks just like the roosters only a bit smaller. They are all 3 beautiful. The hen got really sick on me this winter and I didn't think she was going to make it. She is totally back to normal and back in the run with "her roosters". They are super nice birds. Since they were all 3 only a few months old when I got them they get along great. I like to keep as close to pure to the breed as possible but I think they are going to just be my mixed breed.

7. Texasmja

Texasmja Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2011
    Those are single comb Wyandottes. They are culls because of their combs.

8. crazycoop12

May 6, 2012
    That's what i thought. So does the leg color not matter? guess the cull doesn't matter to me since i won't be breeding them to have purebreds.

9. crazycoop12

May 6, 2012
    So is it possible to still breed and possibly not have the single comb? If I bred them would there be a possibility of some of the chicks not having the single comb but the rose comb like they are supposed to have?

10. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Looks like a purebred Golden Laced Wyandotte to me, but with a single comb.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by