Golden Laced.......what?

crazycoop12

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 6, 2012
I have 2 roosters that have single comb and white legs. I have a hen that is single combed and very pale yellow legs. Are they orphingtons or wyondottes with undesireable traits with the single comb? They are all beautiful big ( I would guess weight of around 8lbs.) chickens. I am getting ready to incubate eggs and would like to figure this out. I suppose I could just sell them as golden laced mixed. Thanks for any help.

I want!
droolin.gif

I agree. I think they are Wyondotte mixed maybe. I am just going to sell the babies as golden laced mixed. The hen looks just like the roosters only a bit smaller. They are all 3 beautiful. The hen got really sick on me this winter and I didn't think she was going to make it. She is totally back to normal and back in the run with "her roosters". They are super nice birds. Since they were all 3 only a few months old when I got them they get along great. I like to keep as close to pure to the breed as possible but I think they are going to just be my mixed breed.

That's what i thought. So does the leg color not matter? guess the cull doesn't matter to me since i won't be breeding them to have purebreds.

So is it possible to still breed and possibly not have the single comb? If I bred them would there be a possibility of some of the chicks not having the single comb but the rose comb like they are supposed to have?

Back
Top Bottom