Golden Laced Wyandotte Rooster in NH in Need of a New Home

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by nhbackyardchick, Jul 2, 2016.

1. nhbackyardchick

nhbackyardchick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2012
    My dad has a beautiful Golden Laced Wyandotte rooster that he would like to re-home. He has gotten a bit aggressive and is plucking feathers from his hens. Maybe he would do better in a larger flock with another rooster to put him in his place? He would be great for breeding as he sure is a pretty fellow! He lives in Tamworth, NH. The animal lover in me hates to see him put down without trying to find a better situation for him. He was a year old in May.

[​IMG]

2. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
  3. nhbackyardchick

Apr 23, 2012
    Thanks for the tip!

4. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    You know in pheasants the more aggressive males are great breeders and produce lots of chicks.Why not give him a pen of hens(maybe 5 or 6) and see what he does before you decide on giving up on him?
    In N.H.,Tony.

5. nhbackyardchick

Apr 23, 2012
    Well, my dad doesn't have a farm. This is a backyard flock. He just started last spring with 6 hens and the one rooster. He lost one hen to a predator and the rooster accidentally killed one hen. So now he has just the 4 hens and the rooster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by