Golden Laced Wyandotte Sex

I know you guys are the sexing experts but I'm not giving up hope that my GLW chick who also developed a red comb and wattles early is a girl ! I don't have any experience with the breed but I've read others experiences and some have said that pullets can develop red combs and wattles early.

I know you guys are the sexing experts but I'm not giving up hope that my GLW chick who also developed a red comb and wattles early is a girl ! I don't have any experience with the breed but I've read others experiences and some have said that pullets can develop red combs and wattles early.
If yours has wattles the size as these then it's a cockerel. But nothing wrong with waiting.

Can you get your money back? Or were they from a feed store bin? Feed stores are notorious for mixing up chicks. I would see if you could get your money back maybe if you ordered them.

Ugh. I special ordered them through the feed store and they placed my order to Hoover Hatchery. I picked them up and they were in their own bin??

Ugh. I special ordered them through the feed store and they placed my order to Hoover Hatchery. I picked them up and they were in their own bin??
My feed store otherwise doesn’t have GLWs
The hatchery likely messed it up then. Most only have a sexing guarantee of about 90% accuracy but 100% wrong definitely should not happen!! I’d talk to the feed store or maybe the hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom