golden laced wyandotts

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickchain05, Feb 27, 2017.

1. chickchain05

chickchain05 New Egg

Feb 27, 2017
    [​IMG] Hey ya'll im chickchain05 and i am bout to get 18 chicks. They are gonna be a Black Astrolorp, a Buff Orpington,and a Barred Plymouth Rock. How do i build a chicken coop?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    When are you getting the chicks? There are many different types of coops to build here is a link to where to find some.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

Chicks grow fast and I hope you can figure out the coop before they get to big for the brooder.

3. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Chillin' With My Peeps

Seems strange to me to not have a coop and run ready BEFORE you got chicks

4. ScottandSam

ScottandSam Still learning Premium Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Shell Knob, Missouri
    I had a coop and a year later still no run.

Scott

5. flytie

flytie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2013
    New Jersey
    Ilovelayers put the link I was going to post. LOL

If I may ask, why is the thread titled "golden laced wyandottes" if you aren't getting any?

6. I Love Layers

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    Runs are good when you get your first chickens, especially chicks helps give them a place to go i had mine for 2 years then took it down now thag I have an established flock and roosters that lead them back.

7. Mr Pink

My hats off to the folks who can freerange with no problems

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  8. I Love Layers

Apr 25, 2015
    Middle of Nowhere
    I've got good roosters and an LGD and thats the onlt reason why im able

9. ScottandSam

ScottandSam Still learning Premium Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Shell Knob, Missouri

10. Mr Pink

I am certainly not wanting to get into a running Freerange debate ... if you are able to great , on this site there are 20 thousand + threads on the Predator topic where folks were not able to not to mention property limitations where it is not feasible !

My original comment/post is simply a ( at least to me ) common sense thought of how ANY pet or livestock should be cared for ... Bottom line they are your chickens ! If someone chooses to get them first and then rush around a figure out how to house them later it's all on you !!

IMHO it would save many people a lot of heart ack to be prepared in advance ( not to mention lots of chicken lifes )

BTY Scott I have a Armasight Vampire on my 17 - I deal night time troublemakers some misery

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by