Golden Laced x BBS Pictures?...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ParrotsNPullets, Feb 13, 2011.

1. ParrotsNPullets

ParrotsNPullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Hey everyone... just so you know I have searched google and this site and haven't found pictures, so I apologize if someone has posted a similar question elsewhere.

Anyways! I have raised chickens for 2 years now, and I'd like to finally get into breeding (only a couple times a year, nothing serious!). To... test the waters, I'd like to hatch from my very sweet show quality BBS bantam Cochin, but my only Cochin roo is a Golden Laced. He's also quite beautiful and well tempered, but.... what would the chicks look like!?

Has anyone crossed a GL and BBS and have pictures of the offspring? If there is a resource for figuring this sort of thing out, please do tell. [​IMG]

I initially wanted to breed my bantam EE pair, but my hen doesn't lay... [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  2. ParrotsNPullets

Jun 8, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Anyone? [​IMG]

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Just treat your Golden laced like a black becuase the exstended black from the BBS will overide the pattern of the GL so it would give you for the most part, solid colored chicks with probably some gold leakage . So like GL X Blue would give solid Blues and Blacks with probably some gold leakage which may be hard to breed out so if you have nice BBS cochins and plan to breed, show, and/or sell, I wouldnt breed gold into them.

4. ParrotsNPullets

Jun 8, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Alright, excellent thank you so much for the information Rareroo!
    I'd love to find a proper roo and hen for each to breed pure but I'm having some bad luck finding anything with decent quality in the area so I figured some pet quality mixed color cochins would be the best bet for my first time hatching.
    I may hold off though, like you said, maybe the perfect roo for my gal is out there. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by