Golden pheasant hanging her head.

I would not suggest worming chicks as I don't think they can handle the meds.I would feel more comfortable worming chicks that are at least 6 months old.It could also be hereditary if the chicks are acting the same,but worms cannot be passed to the chicks through the adults.Describe your brooder for the chicks.What the bedding is?what kinda feed?How close to the heat is their water?
In N.H.,Tony.

I would not suggest worming chicks as I don't think they can handle the meds.I would feel more comfortable worming chicks that are at least 6 months old.It could also be hereditary if the chicks are acting the same,but worms cannot be passed to the chicks through the adults.Describe your brooder for the chicks.What the bedding is?what kinda feed?How close to the heat is their water?
In N.H.,Tony.

They are in a very large tote, there aren't many. They have mixed wood shavings (no cedar or black walnut). They get heims complete game bird starter 30% protein. Their water is about 8 inches away from the light. I am using a 100 watt bulb, it is almost too hot. The hen became sick yesterday, well, showing signs. The chicks have been doing this for the last month that I've been trying to hatch them. The hen has a yellow mass in both ears. It is puss. I cleaned them out and gave her tylan. I also gave her a little ivermectin pour on. The chicks do not have ear messes that I can see.

Attachments

• 20180616_144658.jpg
    20180616_144658.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180616_140825.jpg
    20180616_140825.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 9
I don't know what it could then.When you change the chicks water is it warm to hot?Sometimes their water gets too hot and when they drink it,it burns their insides.I would contact who you bought them from and see if they have or had the same problem.It could be an inbreeding issue.
In N.H.,Tony.

I don't know what it could then.When you change the chicks water is it warm to hot?Sometimes their water gets too hot and when they drink it,it burns their insides.I would contact who you bought them from and see if they have or had the same problem.It could be an inbreeding issue.
In N.H.,Tony.
They are from my own trip. I hatched them myself.

Back
Top Bottom