golden pheasant mutations

maxpedley

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 31, 2013
I was just wandering what the genetics would be behind crossing red goldens and yellow goldens. Any help?

Well seen as how red golden pheasants are in abundance and I wish only to breed them with yellow golden pheasants which are the same species just a different colour I don't think theres a problem. It is not a popular croos. I think you mean lady amherst x red golden which I do not agree with as they are two seperate species. I also breed pure red golden pheasants so if you are not going to help I suggest you dont answer my post

I don't see the problem with my question. I was wondering what would happen if I made the cross. It dosen't mean I am going to carry out the cross because I am all for keeping pheasants pure because I see their is a problem with dwindling populations in the wild. I was simply wondering what I would get and the genetics behind it. I currently breed pure red goldens and pure yellow goldens however I will not be crossing the two.

Here is a thread on the topic of the cross you are looking for

Here is another

I understand they are a cross and not a hybrid. My thing is once they are crossed the mutated gene will forever be present in the offspring of that line, and it never fails no matter what the original intentions the chicks of those crosses get out into the world and eventually get sold as purebred, often by folks who just don't know any better. Wasn't trying to tell you what or how to do anything just tossing my two pennies in the well.

I see that point and I don't want crossed pheasants out there either. I would much prefer to see only pure birds. The only reason I began this thread is because I wanted to know what would happen. I had no intention of making the cross.

No worries, hope those links helped. I didn't do a thorough search on here there may be some pics up somewhere, if you click on advanced search below the search bar, and scroll down you will see a box that says additional search options and you can select the pheasants partridge section of the forum for a detailed search of what you are looking for.

Thanks for the links. It's actually quite boring what crossing the two colours creates anyway.

Back
Top Bottom