golden pheasants soon to hatch and Im a newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TheSunRiseKid, Jun 5, 2012.

1. TheSunRiseKid

TheSunRiseKid Hatching

Jun 1, 2012
    I am also new to this site so I don't even know if I am posting in the right place. I am using my phone because I do not have internet right now..it is kinda hard to navigate! Lol!
    Anyways I put the eggs in @ 3.30 on may 15th. I am using a still air incubator and egg turner. I put them in lockdown yesterday. My question is how bad is it to leave the turner in there but to turn it off? I left it in there because I Previously read of some people doing that only later to read that it could damage the chicks and is a super mess to clean. Can I take them out of the turner and put them in a carton or should I just put them on the metal grate? I can see them moving inside...will it confuse them if I take them out of turner and lay them on grate? Any info would be SUPER! :)

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Welcome to byc. Glad you joined. Unfortunately I have never hatched anything so I don't know how to answer your questions. But good luck on the hatch.

3. TheSunRiseKid

TheSunRiseKid Hatching

Jun 1, 2012
    Thanks Rebecca :) my fingers are crossed for my 1st hatch. Good luck on gettin your bantams this summer!

4. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Thank you.

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Free Ranging

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

They can get tangled in the turner, so most people remove then. The eggs can go on the grate or in a cut-down carton, whichever you prefer. Good luck.

6. sumi

sumi Égalité

Jun 28, 2011
    Tipperary, Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC!

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Crowing

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Great answer from 1muttsfan. Good luck with your hatch [​IMG]

8. TheSunRiseKid

TheSunRiseKid Hatching

Jun 1, 2012
    Will the chicks get mixed up by me moving them again? (Taking them out of turner)
    Thanks for the info so far! :)

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Crowing

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

10. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Crowing

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. They will be better off if you just lay them on the grate. :thumbsup

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: