Golden Pheasants!

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by benjhm11, Feb 11, 2014.

1. benjhm11

benjhm11 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2014
    Macon, Ga
    I am thinking about buying a few golden pheasants (probably eggs and hatch them). Could anyone give me a few tips on how to raise them and about incubating pheasant eggs. I have had plenty of experience with chickens and other birds, but never with pheasants and any help you could give would be appreciated! [​IMG]

2. The Farm

The Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2013
    Luther, OK
    You might post your question in the pheasant threads.!!! And enjoy!!!

3. maxpedley

maxpedley Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2013
    23 days to hatch at 37.7 degrees c. humidity roughly the same as with chickens. I raise my golden pheasant chicks on a mixture of unmedicated chicke crumb and boiled egg for the extra protein needed for the first 5 weeks , then move on to just the crumb followed by growers pellets. They truly are great birds to keep and have around.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the first pic is of my pheasant pens and the other pics is of my 3 yr old red golden male. Not the best photos. he is much more colourfull in than in the pics

4. benjhm11

benjhm11 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2014
    Macon, Ga
    Thanks for the tips!! I think I'll get some hatching eggs after my lavender Orps hatch!

5. maxpedley

maxpedley Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2013
    Are very delicate when they hatch so lots of care must be taken. treat them like a mother would for the first few days. the great thing about golden pheasants is that they imprint on you when they hatch

6. The Farm

The Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2013
    Luther, OK
    Love your pics!!! They look great !!!

7. Corny Caleb

Corny Caleb Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2014
    NJ
    After my last emu egg hatches I would also like to hatch out some golden pheasant eggs.

8. Anikaanimalgirl

Anikaanimalgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

beautiful birds! makes me want one... lol I love their long tail feathers especially. : )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by