Golden Pheasants!

benjhm11

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 11, 2014
Macon, Ga
I am thinking about buying a few golden pheasants (probably eggs and hatch them). Could anyone give me a few tips on how to raise them and about incubating pheasant eggs. I have had plenty of experience with chickens and other birds, but never with pheasants and any help you could give would be appreciated!
smile.png

23 days to hatch at 37.7 degrees c. humidity roughly the same as with chickens. I raise my golden pheasant chicks on a mixture of unmedicated chicke crumb and boiled egg for the extra protein needed for the first 5 weeks , then move on to just the crumb followed by growers pellets. They truly are great birds to keep and have around.

the first pic is of my pheasant pens and the other pics is of my 3 yr old red golden male. Not the best photos. he is much more colourfull in than in the pics

Are very delicate when they hatch so lots of care must be taken. treat them like a mother would for the first few days. the great thing about golden pheasants is that they imprint on you when they hatch

23 days to hatch at 37.7 degrees c. humidity roughly the same as with chickens. I raise my golden pheasant chicks on a mixture of unmedicated chicke crumb and boiled egg for the extra protein needed for the first 5 weeks , then move on to just the crumb followed by growers pellets. They truly are great birds to keep and have around.

the first pic is of my pheasant pens and the other pics is of my 3 yr old red golden male. Not the best photos. he is much more colourfull in than in the pics
Love your pics!!! They look great !!!

beautiful birds! makes me want one... lol I love their long tail feathers especially. : )

Back
Top Bottom