Golden Polish - Cockerel or Pullet?

kathiej4455

Chirping
9 Years
Nov 12, 2010
I have an 8 week old Golden Laced Polish that someone gave me - I'm newly into chickens, and this came from a local breeder who does not have the capacity to do vent sexing. I was told that it was a hen, but it has started crowing - and you can tell it's DEFINITELY a crow - and it is getting somewhat aggressive with the others (none of them are this breed).

I've been googling pictures all night, but haven't had any luck coming any closer to my answer. I HAVE noticed in the pictures that the female's "hat" looks more like a bubble, while the male's looks more fine individual feathers - and this one has the latter. It also looks more like a game bird than the other chickens, and has a very long tail.

Just want to get a general concensus of whether or not this IS a rooster.

The lady who sold him to me said if he turned out to be a rooster, she would take him back. I just don't want to wait too long.

Thanks for any help you can give.

If it is crowing there is a 99.9% chance its a roo. I have heard of hens crowing, but I have never seen one and they are usually adult hens with no rooster in the flock. If you could post a pic it would help us identify its sex.

Back
Top Bottom