1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Golden polish looking for new home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Godiva, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    We have 4 Golden Polish 'chicks' 14 weeks old. We have decided that we need to rehome these guys as we have too many different breeds going. We live in northern SC and I was wondering if there is anyone who would like to take these guys over. There is Roy who is a character and I think he is pretty good looking (from my ignorant eyes anyway!) and two hens Rapunzel who is slightly bigger than Regina. Then there is what we think is a rooster gone wrong - Raggedy Andy. We used to have a Black Rosecomb Bantie who spent his days pulling Raggedy Andy crest out. It is at last growing back in but it seems that Raggedy Andy is not quite all there. 'He' looks like a rooster but doesn't act like one and has never crowed. 'He' may be a weird looking hen but I don't think so. SO if anyone is interested please let me know. We need the space and I promised my 4 yr old that these ones were not for the pot so....

2. Godiva

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Well, I was reading more about chickens and after hearing about a wry tail for the first time it appears that Roy the Roo has a wry tail. I could have sworn that it was fine a few days ago but maybe I just never noticed it... anyway, what do you think my chances are of finding someone who wants these guys as pets? Any ideas of how to find them a home anyone?

3. talmochickens

talmochickens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2007
    are you looking to give them away or sell? Do you have any pics? Maybe interested, i wasn't sure what a golden polish was so looked on murray and they are goodlooking birds ( I am new to the whole chicken thing). My wife really likes them. what part of sc are you in?

As of right now I have a small flock, but I am hoping to expand.

4. talmochickens

Jun 20, 2007
    bye the way what is a wry tail. told you I am new to this stuff

5. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    if you would ship them I will take all you have.Lisa

6. talmochickens

Jun 20, 2007
    wife has told me that she would absolutley like to have them. we live in ga but can drive and meet some where if you are willing. My 3 year old son actually is the one that pushed the button for her when he sayed that was his favorite type of chicken. Like he knows, but momma is going to get him what he wants.

7. Godiva

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    I don't have any pics and don't really have any way of getting some on here in the foreseeable future. A wry tail is one that is off center, a definite list to the one side. BUt if you are not looking for it you don't really notice it. It is only a problem if you are wanting to show them or something like that. I would kind of like a bit of money towards these guys as they are nice and healthy and about 16 weeks of food etc in their pretty tummies! But I am more interested in finding them a home than making money - so we could talk.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by