1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Golden Polish vs Golden Laced Polish

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by boilerjoe_96, Apr 7, 2008.

1. boilerjoe_96

boilerjoe_96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2007
    West Lafayette, IN
    Are these two seperate breeds?? Or same

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I would imagine the golden polish to be all buff colored, while the golden laced to be buff with white lacing, or white with gold lacing.

3. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Actually, Golden is usually just an abbreviated way to refer to a Gold Laced--which is a deep gold-feathered bird with black lacing (a buff bird with white lacing is a Buff Laced). There is no recognized color of "Golden" in Polish, but if you've come across the two being advertised by the same place/person, I suppose they might have non-standard colors/mixed varieties and may be calling one color Golden? Otherwise, I would think it safe to assume that if you've seen Polish referred to as Goldens, that this is referring to recognized/standard color of Gold Laced and they are both the same.

4. boilerjoe_96

Apr 4, 2007
    West Lafayette, IN
    One hatchery had some Golden laced pictures and they seemed different than the golden picture i saw.... The below, is a Golden correct?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    I hope that's a Golden - it's beautiful. I ordered the Golden Polish from MM. I have 3 that are 5 weeks old and 3 more that were sent on Saturday. I'm new to all this so started with several different breeds. I think these are going to be one of my favorites.

6. boilerjoe_96

Apr 4, 2007
    West Lafayette, IN
    I just got 4 golden polish at a Chicken swap, my whole family fell in love with his looks. Seller said the chicks were golden polish, I hope they turn out like my pic above. This one was found in a road ditch in the winter, unfortunately he got sick and died a few days after we found him...

7. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    The roo in the pic is a gold laced.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by