Golden Polish vs Golden Laced Polish

Actually, Golden is usually just an abbreviated way to refer to a Gold Laced--which is a deep gold-feathered bird with black lacing (a buff bird with white lacing is a Buff Laced). There is no recognized color of "Golden" in Polish, but if you've come across the two being advertised by the same place/person, I suppose they might have non-standard colors/mixed varieties and may be calling one color Golden? Otherwise, I would think it safe to assume that if you've seen Polish referred to as Goldens, that this is referring to recognized/standard color of Gold Laced and they are both the same.

One hatchery had some Golden laced pictures and they seemed different than the golden picture i saw.... The below, is a Golden correct?

picture011ga0.jpg

picture007ce7.jpg

I hope that's a Golden - it's beautiful. I ordered the Golden Polish from MM. I have 3 that are 5 weeks old and 3 more that were sent on Saturday. I'm new to all this so started with several different breeds. I think these are going to be one of my favorites.

I just got 4 golden polish at a Chicken swap, my whole family fell in love with his looks. Seller said the chicks were golden polish, I hope they turn out like my pic above. This one was found in a road ditch in the winter, unfortunately he got sick and died a few days after we found him...

Back
Top Bottom