Golden Reds

KingFisher

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 3, 2008
Hello. At the end of April I purchased eight chicks from a local farm store. The only information they could tell me is that they are called Golden Reds. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which breeds were crossed to produce this type. Here is a picture of the hens at eleven weeks old.
chickens7-16-08.jpg

they are now eighteen weeks old and some have just started laying.

These chickens are also known as Golden Comets and Red Stars. It just depends on what the hatchery they come from wants to call them.
roll.png
They are a cross between a Delaware rooster and a RIR hen.

WELCOME TO BYC, by the way!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
The male has to be the red one for the sex linking to work.

I don't think there is a way to know which particular breeds were used unless you contact the hatchery, even they may not know.
roll.png

Good luck with your girls, you're going to love them. Mine are so snuggly and GREAT layers!
smile.png

Last edited:
I call mine Cinnamon! She is so sweet, she chatters to me, and sits on my arm! They are great! I have heard them called Golden comet, Cinnamon Queens, Red Stars, etc...fantastic birds, I cant wait for eggs! All the good from these birds!
Tina

:cool:Gorgeous birds!!1 I was just given a Golden Comet that is about 6 months old along with 3 RI's and 1 EE are currently still cautious of me but after 4 days they are beginning to trust me. U can't wait for "Goldie" to grow up and she seems like such a gentle girl

Farmer Mack
cool.png
big_smile.png

flatlander5_003.jpg

Goldie is the one on the right

Back
Top Bottom