Golden Sebright from Hell!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Kadjain, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Kadjain

Kadjain Songster

I got this outstanding Golden Sebright rooster from a local Zoo.
    [​IMG]
    He wasn't getting along with the other roosters in the farm petting zoo, so they gave him to me. He came here and placed lowest on the rooster pole. Probably because he was a total punk! He would wait until the hens were distracted, eating something off the ground or whatever, then he would sprint over to them and do this surprise attack mount. Most of the hens would just throw him off and kick his little golden butt. Any new hen I brought into the yard he would immediately harass, corner and mount them or chase them out of the yard. I had to retrieve a new hen from my neighbors flock after he chased her out and she ran across the field to his house. There was one leghorn hen who he hated and I saw him chase her off the nest box while she was trying to lay an egg. That made me really mad and I decided to try and sell him to some other poor unsuspecting soul. I posted him for sale but witnessed him chase two different hens out of the nest boxes. I decided that was it for him and I couldn't even wait for someone to buy him. I caught him and introduced him to the hatchet. He still got the last laugh as he was not a very tasty meal...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

2. M.sue

M.sue Songster

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    I have one that has an attitude and has challenged me a couple of times.....no contact just showed me some signs of aggression. He's 7 months old. but is good to the girls. He's a Bantam and he's always so alert. I always have an eye on him because he's always got his on me!! Here's a pic of mine...from the looks of it they almost could be twins!! I hope not!!!

[​IMG]

Question....Are all Seabrights Bantams (size) or are they standard too?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  3. Kadjain

Kadjain Songster

Yep, Sebright are true bantams with no larger counter part. Google 'true bantam' and there are a lot of cool different little chckens

4. M.sue

M.sue Songster

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Good idea....thanks. Dusty there is my DD's pet.....the one she picked out of the run!! She has given up owner ship and told me I could have him. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by