Golden Sebright???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KYBOY, Mar 21, 2008.

1. KYBOY

KYBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    On this first pic the rooster in the far right, is he a sebright? He is in the very back on the second pic. Sorry but ic ouldent get any better pics..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    no i don't believe so, hee might be a Sebright cross

3. KYBOY

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    Im no expert on bantams (or bantys as well still call them)..Most of what you see around here are B.B reds.

4. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    In the first pic, he looks like a golden sebright, but in the second pic he looks more like a black breasted red/gold cross. It is odd tho that he has hen feathering like a sebright rooster. Maybe he is a weird mutation.

5. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    This is my gold sebright roo

[​IMG]

6. MaransGuy

MaransGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Greenfield, MA
    It's not a full sebright. The tail, coloration and neck hackles are wrong. scgamecock shows an example of a full sebright. Quality varies A LOT among bloodlines and it is really scary seeing what some people are trying to pass off as sebrights. I saw one ad where the markings were smudgy and rooster had huge hackle feathers.

Richard

7. KYBOY

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    These are just three "yard" chickens that were givin to me. They run loose with one old game hen that I use for a brooder occasionally. I suspected he was crossed but wasnt sure. Its nigh impossible to find a pure blood chicken of any kind around here. Other than game that is. Im probably one of only a handful that have any pure blooded chickens at all in my area. Last time I picked up a "pure blooded" white rock(and he really looked it) a barred rock looking chicken came out of the eggs he fertilized [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by