Golden Sex-link Hen

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by beejentl, Dec 3, 2013.

1. beejentl

beejentl Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2010
    Vacaville CA
    I am in Vacaville CA. I have a Golden Sex-link hen who is being bullied by my other hens. She needs a new home as I have had to separate her from the other girls. She is my favorite hen and my best layer. I don't want to get rid of her but the other girls will kill her. When I removed her from the flock she was bloody and exhausted. If you can give her a good home as a pet, contact me. She is the sweetest hen and my favorite. I'd like her to go to a good home. Her name is Sass-a-frass and she is very friendly.She is 7mos. old and lays large brown eggs.
    Thanks, Brooke

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  2. vizslamom

vizslamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2013
    Napa,Ca
    I have 4 10week old chickens...who would love to have her. I'm very close. I'm in Napa. I have 2 golden sex links and 2 Americana's. I would LOVE to give her a GOOD home. You can private message me and we can make arraignments

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  3. beejentl

May 27, 2010
    Vacaville CA
    Hi! I am so sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner! Do you have other chickens as well? I am afraid if I give her to someone with an established adult flock, they will pick on her as well. I still need to find her a home but am worried about finding her the right home.

4. vizslamom

Oct 24, 2013
    Napa,Ca
    I only have the 4 chicks. I understand finding her the right home. I'm still interested.

5. beejentl

May 27, 2010
    Vacaville CA
    I thought you had adult leg horns as well?

6. beejentl

May 27, 2010
    Vacaville CA
    I thought you had adult leg horns as well?

7. vizslamom

Oct 24, 2013
    Napa,Ca
    You are correct, they are keet seperate from my baby chicks. They were not mean to my baby chicks.
    They just seem to over run them for food. I would put your Golden in with my baby chicks

8. beejentl

May 27, 2010
    Vacaville CA
    Oh ok. Let me speak with my husband and I will get back to you after the holidays if that's ok? She'd prolly love being around the younger chicks!

9. vizslamom

Oct 24, 2013
    Napa,Ca
    You just let me know when you are ready. We can come pick her up when you are ready

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  10. vizslamom

Oct 24, 2013
    Napa,Ca
    Just a little side note on my Leghorns.....they don't have whole beaks. They were rescue's from a factory( they were factory layers)so they have these half beaks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by