Goldie, indian runner

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lindylou47, Aug 12, 2014.

1. lindylou47

lindylou47 Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2012
    Wa.
    Hello. I posted yesterday that my indian runner Goldie wasn't eating or drinking. She also wont raise her head, she keeps it tucked into her body. Does anyone know what her problem might be? Appreciate the help!
    And ty for the answer I received yesterday, but im really not too worried about her not laying eggs, but I do appreciate the feedback.

2. lindylou47

lindylou47 Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2012
    Wa.
    Also the area below her chin is all swollen, and she can barely quack. Please help!

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    She may have been stung, or this could be an infection.

I don't know if you will need to consider a tube to help her breathe - this is something a vet is needed for.

In the meantime, I would put a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a quart of water and see if she will drink that. I would look for any signs of a wound around her head or upper neck.

Perhaps @casportpony can help out - and I would post over on the Duck Forum.

5. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Could it be coccidiosis? The symptoms of that are puffing up, not eating, diarrhea--sometimes with blood, ruffled feathers. Also, think about impacted or sour crop. And lastly, maybe a leaking air sack from an injury around the neck or infection.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by