Golf anyone?

seminolewind

Flock Mistress
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Sep 6, 2007
Corydon, Indiana
I have left the little coop door open a few times when it got cold. Then didn't notice the space on the side of it. Then didn't notice the chew marks. I did a thorough cleaning today, floor, nests, everything. And what do I find behind the nest boxes? Chewed on golf balls. I had put golf balls in the nests to cure an egg eater a year ago, and just kept them in there. I noticed a few were missing, and thought they got buried in the nests. I am so skeeved.

Needless to say, the door will be locked tight every night, the chew marks are covered and behind the new door, that fits snug. My bait stations are ready, and my snap traps and snap jaw traps are baited with peanut butter.

It couldn't have been a dog or fox. I think either would have taken a chicken instead. So I'm thinking rat, or maybe squirrel

I totally was not expecting this when I looked at your post title. I was thinking you had played "Whack-A-Mole" on a predator with a golf club.
lol.png

it's a rat..... I've had them hoard alfalfa cubes too.
he.gif

I just had one carry about a pail full of shavings to the side of my house from my shavings bag- must have taken quite a while!

You know when I was 8 years old, we lived on a base in Turkey, and we had a shed, and some big rat chewed the face of my doll!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Me too. I was expecting something like you drove it through the pop door on the first swing, a true hole-in-one!
lol.png

Last edited:
Well the little sucker got his neck broke in a trap last night outside the coop. The other two traps are not touched.

Now when I go in to collect eggs, I count golf balls!

Back
Top Bottom