Golf people - need some help

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by claud, Jan 28, 2011.

1. claud

claud Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    PA
    Ok, I don't play golf but my husband drug home a set of golf clubs(he doesn't play either).
    They've been in my garage forever and I posted them on craiglist for $40.
    I had an inquiry if the clubs are left handed - I have NO clue - how can you tell if they are left-handed clubs? What else are people going to ask me about them? I put a pic on craiglist and what the pic shows is all I know.

Can anybody help me out?
    Thanks!

2. claud

Dec 12, 2007
    PA
    No chicken people golf? C'mon, I thought I was the only one!

3. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Most clubs are right-handed.

Take a club from the bag. Grip it as if you were going to hit the ball.
    Look down a the club. Which way is the face of the club pointing?

A right handed golfer will stand with the club in their hand, swing the club towards their right side, then hit the ball by swinging to the left. A left handed golfer has to do the opposite. They take the club back to the left, then swing to the right to hit the ball.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    If you post a link to your CL add perhaps we can help you out a little more, i have been Golfing for 45 yrs and I might just know a teensy weensy bit LOL.

AL

5. claud

Dec 12, 2007
    PA
    Quote:Oh geez. Now that you explain that I feel really dumb. I'll have to go check.

6. claud

Dec 12, 2007
    PA
  7. claud

Dec 12, 2007
    PA
    They say Protactic on them. Some of the fat ones say "oversize" on them.

And according to what Spookwriter said they do appear to be left -handed clubs.

8. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:Yes they are lefty club's and may be a little harder to sell but not much, they may say oversized but they do appear to be rather normal club head size. They look in fair condition and the bag/pull cart combo is always a good thing. You should have no problem selling them for the price your asking.

AL

9. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Claud, I asked my husband and he said if the club part points to the right (when your holding it as usual), then its a left hand club. [​IMG]

10. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Quote:Al, so have I and each time I go out I seem to know less. Given the rapid improvement in club design and material old clubs are tough to get rid of--I've got 3 sets in the garage that I couldn't get rid of in a garage sale and they were top-of-the-line clubs back in the 80's. No one wants wood, woods anymore except for decoration. If you're lucky and the local school district has a golf program maybe you can donate them.

ETA: And yes, those are left-handed clubs unless the photo is reversed.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by