1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Golly! this is killing me!!how long?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by coltsrox, Jul 13, 2008.

1. coltsrox

coltsrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    Alright i told yall that i had to leave me 2 babies for a month and they were only 14 weeks old at the time, now their 16 weeks. and I have been gone for 2 weeks, but its KILLING me every night i have a bad nightmare about somehting happening. My brother who can hardly take care of himself is taking care of them and he won't change their bedding! So here i am, evernight having a nightmare worrying about my babies and i still have 2 weeks to go. yet i am having fun out here but its always followed by regret of leaving my chickens. I'm scared i'll go back and my bro didn't take care of them right and their dead. and just last night i dreamed they had started layting eggs without ME and somehow already had chicks and were mean didn't like being heald anymore,wawawaa! i'm a seripus basketcase and i don't knwo what to do!these nightmares are killing me!help!!

2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Have you talked to your brother? Has he told you how they are doing?
    I understand because I would not like to leave mine with my brother either. He certainly can hardly take care of himself and he is over 50![​IMG]
    However, chickens can do very well in less than *our* ideal conditions. Just think, 2 more weeks and they will be soooo glad mommy is home to talk sweetly to them! And to give them wonderful treats and change their bedding quite often.....wait, they probably really don't care about that.[​IMG]
    Anyhow, I think you will be more glad to see them than they will to see you. But I bet they will wait till you get back and coddle them before they start laying you some wonderful eggs.[​IMG]

Hang in there![​IMG]

3. coltsrox

coltsrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    Quote:alllll, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!! THAT WAS SOOO encouraging and it made me laugh so hard i was crying!!! I JUST called my brother and he about bit my head off for calling to see how they were, i asked him jokingly if he would put them on and he got madder,lol. I asked him if they were eating enough and if they were sick and he wa slike"Cici, they chickens their not hard to take care of.feed and water." then i was like what about the grit?lol that set him off worse! thank you SOO much though i seriously have had nightmares and your comment both encouraged and made me laugh!thanx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by