1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

**GONE**Dewlap Toulouse and Sebastopol Geese in NY City Area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Calebs Acre, May 14, 2009.

1. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    This is really hard to do. I have been really sick with asthma and pneumonia off and on since last fall. I don't get to out outside very often to be with my adult geese. Recently, I have gotten out a bit more, only to find out two things...(1) I'm still not well enough to spend much time out there and (2) I'm not happy with the weight and condition of my geese with my husband caring for them.

I have grey giant dewlap toulouse geese (I am keeping my buffs and one pair of my greys) and white Sebastopols (I am keeping a few of them also as some are already promised and I am keeping a pair). I believe I have about six dewlaps and about six Sebastopols. I also have five other geese, four being atypical looking dewlap toulouse and one an "I don't know" that I need to rehome. Of the atypical dewlaps, two are female and two are males.

The only FAIR thing for my geese and my marriage is to make some drastic cuts in my flock until I am better. So, here is what I am hoping to do.....

IF you are willing to
    1. take them without any guarantees as to sex (some lost their bands) and are understanding that they are not in prime condition, and
    2. agree to work out some arrangement for future eggs if I am able to get my health back in the future, (I will be very reasonable), and
    3. you do not request "only females", and
    4. can come pick them up VERY soon, then

I will give them to you at no charge.

Since I am not always on BYC, I would prefer if you contact me through my normal E-mail and let me know you are responding through BYC since I have some for sale ads listed too. I do reserve the right to sell them, but once you are on the way here to get them, they are yours. I want to be as fair as possible and will try to select the best circumstances for them.

I am located in Smithtown, Long Island, Suffolk County, NY 11787 if you want to check MapQuest. I am about 45 miles east of New York City, about 15-20 minutes west of the Port Jefferson/Bridgehampton CT ferry. Depending on the time of day, I am about an 75-90 minutes from the GW Bridge.

Hope this information helps. I do not have recent photos at this time. But, feel free to contact me to ask questions.

Thanks for reading this far.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  2. janetc30530

janetc30530 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2009
    Commerce, GA
    If only I was closer. You should email me sometime. I only have 2 Seb Goslings now as far as geese go.

3. Calebs Acre

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    PM me your phone number and I'll call you, if you like. I can't find my phone book....

4. Calebs Acre

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Thanks for the replies I received via e-mail. Just wanted to let you know that I have someone driving long distance to pick them up tomorrow AM. If anything happens to change the plans, I will contact the others who have contacted me in the order I received their replies. It is a total of 20 birds.

5. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    Oh Nancy, I am so sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. It is very hard to take care of others when you are feeling bad yourself.[​IMG]
    Hopefully the docs will find the right meds to make you better soon. I'll keep you in my prayers. Patty

6. Calebs Acre

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Thanks so much Patty!!! I did keep the grey/white Sebbie I got from you because she is so sweet and pretty, part of two pairs. And I kept two pairs of grey dews and my buff pair. Got rid of my horrible turkey....they could handle him very well. I also had a Pomeranian mix goose they took and some rouen/mallard hens.

When I'm feeling better, I'll be calling you! Though, they did agree to give me eggs or babies when/if I expand again. I just hatched a dewlap baby as they were taking the other geese, so I am very happy about that little one and hope it is a female. I have a few other eggs in the incubator, too. (goose).

Hope all is well in beautiful Maryland!
    xxoo
    N

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by