GONE! FREE Bantam Barred Rock Eggs!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by marie_martin, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Ok, so even though the postal service has cost me money with lost eggs, I feel like it is my turn to give away some eggs. These barred rock eggs are bantam and so sweet. They are not tiny by any means, about the size of a silkie. They lay very well too. I prefer to give them to someone that has not gotten any freebies yet so that everyone gets a chance. I will pay for shipping if you have not recently received some. PM me if you are interested. There are pics on my website and on this forum.

Marie

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  2. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This is just another example of how fantastic you BYC members are!

3. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    That is sooo sweet, Bator is full, and I have recieved Testing Eggs free of Charge, but just had to comment on how awesome it is of you to think of your fellow BYCers, I can't wait until I can give away eggs, it's gonna be about 2 months before I can (Button Quail set to hatch Friday), But I'm looking forward to it! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    [​IMG] you rock marie!

5. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    oh man [​IMG]. I cant find the liner to my bator. I only have 1 barred rock hen left. Maybe next time

6. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Quote:What kind of bator do you have? If it's a Hovabator 1588, you could probably put some drawer liner in the bottom to hold the mess, and add a bowl of water for Humidity!

7. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Its a brower top hatch. I have to find the mesh liner that went to it.

8. yarnammurt

yarnammurt Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    Donaldson
    I tried to PM about the eggs but I am new to this and unsure if it went through. We just built our first incubator and we have room for some eggs. Our boys would love to have them if you still have some you want to give away.[​IMG]

9. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Boy! I got so many responses to this. I wish I could afford to send out several sets. Thanks for all of the pm's. I don't know how anyone else chose the winners for their eggs, but the only fair way I know is to take the first person. If I get any more eggs and can offer them again, I will go on down the list. Thanks for all the nice comments! It feels good to help. Just paying it forward. Ms jaynie in AL helped me get started, so it is the least I can do.

Marie

10. chicken5432

chicken5432 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    western kentucky
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by