*Gone* Free Barred Rock Roos in TX (9 wks old) Added Pics

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TXmom, Mar 26, 2009.

1. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

I have way too many roos...so I'm offering my 4 Barred Rocks to anyone who wants them. They are very friendly and have been hand-raised and brooded in my living room. They're in the coop/run now, but they always run up to see me when I go out there.

I live near Houston, but I'll be traveling to Dallas this weekend and Austin in 2 weeks (I can take them wherever I travel). I also offered them on the TX Chickenstock thread.

PS: I have no problem with you sending them to freezer-camp...my family is just not ready for this yet. My kids are attached enough to not want to eat them, but they won't mind me finding them a "good home". [​IMG]

Pics of some of the BR's mixed with my other chicks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  2. TexasVet

TexasVet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    If you don't get another offer, I'll take them off your hands. I live just up the road in Bellville. If you could keep them for another week or so, that would be great.... I'm waiting on a new/bigger coop to be delivered and then need to move and reconfigure the chicken run.

Kathy in Texas
    www.CountryChickens.com

3. TXmom

Oh that would be great [​IMG] I already have an offer for 2 of them (through PM), so you can have the other 2 if you'd like. I can hold on to them for another week or two, no problem.

4. TexasVet

TexasVet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    If you get another offer, take it. If you still have them in a couple of weeks, I'll come get 'em.

I really, really, need that new coop, 'cause I've got chickens running out my ears! I missed having bantams, so I ordered 25 of those. (OMG, they are so cute!) I already had about 15 full-sized layers, bought 25 chicks in February, hatched a few more after that, and have about 40 eggs going into the 'bator on Saturday.

Once I started, I just couldn't stop!

Kathy

5. TXmom

Wow, that's a lot of chickens! I guess you'll be working on a chicken BARN....LOL. OK...I'll see if I get any other offers. Anybody???

6. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    I may be going to Conroe tomorrow, so if I do, it may be worth my while to go pick them up. I wish I had known about them last weekend... I was in Sealy on Saturday!!

7. TXmom

I'll be driving to Dallas tomorrow. When will you be in Conroe? Where are you coming from? You can PM me with info if you want...

8. boobooblueeyes

boobooblueeyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Cut and Shoot, Texas
    Do you have any left. I live in Conroe area and it wouldn't be much for me to come get them from you. If you have already found them homes thats okay, I can never withstand the temptation of more birds and we just built a really big new yard so I am working on filling it up. Thanks and good luck, Bonny

9. TXmom

My roos already found great new homes...but thanks for the consideration!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by