*Gone* Free Barred Rock Roos in TX (9 wks old) Added Pics

TXmom

Songster
11 Years
Dec 3, 2008
Sealy, TX (West Houston area)
I have way too many roos...so I'm offering my 4 Barred Rocks to anyone who wants them. They are very friendly and have been hand-raised and brooded in my living room. They're in the coop/run now, but they always run up to see me when I go out there.

I live near Houston, but I'll be traveling to Dallas this weekend and Austin in 2 weeks (I can take them wherever I travel). I also offered them on the TX Chickenstock thread.

PS: I have no problem with you sending them to freezer-camp...my family is just not ready for this yet. My kids are attached enough to not want to eat them, but they won't mind me finding them a "good home".
wink.png

Pics of some of the BR's mixed with my other chicks:

19371_picture_850jpg.jpg

19371_picture_873jpg.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't get another offer, I'll take them off your hands. I live just up the road in Bellville. If you could keep them for another week or so, that would be great.... I'm waiting on a new/bigger coop to be delivered and then need to move and reconfigure the chicken run.

Kathy in Texas
www.CountryChickens.com

Oh that would be great
big_smile.png
I already have an offer for 2 of them (through PM), so you can have the other 2 if you'd like. I can hold on to them for another week or two, no problem.

If you get another offer, take it. If you still have them in a couple of weeks, I'll come get 'em.

I really, really, need that new coop, 'cause I've got chickens running out my ears! I missed having bantams, so I ordered 25 of those. (OMG, they are so cute!) I already had about 15 full-sized layers, bought 25 chicks in February, hatched a few more after that, and have about 40 eggs going into the 'bator on Saturday.

Once I started, I just couldn't stop!

Kathy

I may be going to Conroe tomorrow, so if I do, it may be worth my while to go pick them up. I wish I had known about them last weekend... I was in Sealy on Saturday!!

Do you have any left. I live in Conroe area and it wouldn't be much for me to come get them from you. If you have already found them homes thats okay, I can never withstand the temptation of more birds and we just built a really big new yard so I am working on filling it up. Thanks and good luck, Bonny

Back
Top Bottom