1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

GONE in 60 minutes.... +pics

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by mudhen, Mar 28, 2007.

1. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Wow!
    This morning I thought I'd give the girls a treat, so I went to the backyard and dug up a chunk about 6" deep, 10" long, and 6" wide.
    Put it in their pen and ...swarm! You'd think I dropped a ton of krugerants in the middle of the road.
    Those girls were all over it.
    Checked back on them an hour later....gone. I mean, nothing left but a tiny wad of roots.
    I think they liked it. [​IMG]

Here's the pen in the sunroom--note dust layer [​IMG]
    And yes, it's finally green outdoors...the girls will be moving out to their coop this week! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's a shot of all of them taking a break (it was a busy hour! [​IMG] ) (From L to R, that's Lucy's tailfeathers [​IMG], Cleo, Buffy, Lois, Goldie, Myrtle, and the best chicken mom, Millie)
    [​IMG]

2. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    Sounds like my house, including the dust. I have to dust all the time can't wait till the bigs girls new coop is ready so the smallis free. Love the pics and she looks like a great mom.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by