Gone to the Dogs - Need help

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ChooksinChoppers, Oct 16, 2011.

1. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Apart from mental health help for gaining 3 new dogs in 2 weeks (when we already have 2 jack Russells) [​IMG]
    We would like help in naming our newest girl....a 14 week old Border Collie!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What fun it is trying to train a bigger dog [​IMG] who can already reach chair seats to chew the corners of and has mountain sized poops [​IMG] plus she wasnt as socialized as she should have been, so was very scared and timid to start with but by her second day she is progressing well.
    The other two new ones have been here 2 weeks now and are cheeky little things but much easier to manage [​IMG] Shihtzu/peekapoos
    Zoe
    [​IMG]
    Clancy
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Sorry, I have no imagine this morning. What are you looking for? A girl name like Lucille? Or a dog name like Boots (no imagination here) ?

3. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    She's such a good girl though! So sweet... and she was instantly fascinated by balls [​IMG] See the little rubber ball beside her, she stole? She's been sleeping with it hehe! So I can see whats in her future..... [​IMG]

I think mom (chooks) would really like an Aussie name for her. But we are having trouble thinking up more girl Aussie names [​IMG]

Clancy is named after a famed stockman in "The man from Snowy River".

Zoey is just.. Zoey [​IMG]

Our older and ball and frisbee crazy JRT girl is Rosie... some of her past pups were bestowed with flower names [​IMG]

My JRT boy is Eli, nicknamed Squishy... (but please lets steer away from those kinds of nicknames this time [​IMG] )

Last night I thought of Luna for the new girl.... but mom always turns down my moon-type names [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also, we discussed: Peach Blossom, Daisy, and Jackie...... we just haven't hit on the perfect name yet [​IMG]

She needs a super sweet name...... hopefully an aussie name....

4. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    You could always call her Sheila... [​IMG]

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    No ideas on names...I just name mine whatever I start calling them.....but those pictures are just adorable.

6. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    i wouldnt worry about her being nervous and shy alot of puppies go thru a fear stage some go thru several fear stages just take them slowly youll be alright [​IMG]
    i had a bull terrier puppy who was a bundle of confedence hear a loud noise he was the first to investigate wave shiney ribbons around over his ehad he thought it was awsome and then all of a sudden at around 12 weeks we went for a walk where he was normally pulling to sniff things wouldnt move put his face to the ground and shook from fear ove what i found out after a few moments a small bush we had walked past a hundred times i had to slowly re-introduce him to the bush after 15 minutes of coaxing he was comfortable with the bush but then we nearly passed a stroller he froze and shook we often times walked him with a stroller when i babysat he had no fear of them untill now had to again reintroduce im to strollers and then after about a week or two his fear stage was just gone like it never happend untill about 3 months he went thru another one this one lasting about a month again had to re-introduce him to everything all over again

7. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:Oh you're right! I totally forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me! The other 3 pups he had were all the same, cowering in a corner of the backyard. She is a whole lot better today and will actually aproach me for a petting session. I think hand feeding her kibble helped....now walking on the leash...thats a whole nother ballgame [​IMG]

8. WhiteCochinLover

WhiteCochinLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2011
    Maryland
    name her kira idk if i spelled it right its pronounced (keer-ra)
    or daisy
    blossom
    china
    lola
    jada
    stella
    reese
    kherington
    ava
    sadie
    haley
    bailey