gonna give 200 eggs the hot bath......

I boil them with cold water, then once the water boils, I turned off the stove and let it cool down, and let the remaining heat get the yolk done. I just happen to like very tender yolk.

I boil for 3.5 min. Any more than that and the whites will toughen up.
smile.png

thanks for the replies i had been boiling them for 12 minutes with no problems but i knew i had read on here that i could get away with alot less.......

Definitely don't need to boil them that long! I have read that you can just bring a pan of water to boil, put the eggs in, remove from heat, and cover. Let the eggs sit for 3-5 minutes in the water, and they are ready to go! I was boiling some one time, and there were a few floaters in the pan. I have read that if an egg floats, they are no good, so I took them out. I opened them to put them in the dog's dish, and the whites were already cooked. The eggs had been in the water for about 30 seconds.
smile.png

i have been eating alot of blt's lately since my home grown tomatoes started getting ripe and i always crack a few quail eggs in the bacon grease when i am done they are like egg sliders....lol

This forum is the first place I've heard about the vinegar soak to aid in peeling. Genious! I've been boiling eggs every week for years and years...and for years and years I've been cursing the ones that don't peel nicely.

Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom