Gonna kill me a broody!

Wolf-Kim

Songster
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
So my broody has eaten yet another peafowl egg she's been sitting on. She ate the second to last one last night, such a dissapointment because today is day 28. I took that last egg from her and placed it under the broody turkey hen.

MAYBE SHE WON'T FRICKEN EAT IT!
he.gif
barnie.gif

Any reason a hen should periodically eat her eggs? I've never had a problem with this hen eating eggs before! She hasn't eaten them all at once, but rather every few days. She's the only thing in the wire cage, so I really doubt it's anything but her. I go to feed and water her and I'll find an eggshell and it would be another egg down.

rant.gif

-Kim

Last edited:
Kim I don't have any answer but just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear that. Day 28 you must be fit to be tied.

Fit to be hauled off to the asylum.

No actually, after I was upset about the first broken egg I cried.. The second, I was dissapointed.. The third, just exasperated.

Maybe for all the emotional turmoil, the last egg will hatch out as the soul survivor.

-Kim

Fit to be hauled off to the asylum.

No actually, after I was upset about the first broken egg I cried.. The second, I was dissapointed.. The third, just exasperated.

Maybe for all the emotional turmoil, the last egg will hatch out as the sole survivor.

-Kim

Back
Top Bottom