Gonna put in my order.... (update: ORDERED 50 CHICKS!)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BellLisamo, Jan 6, 2010.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    I've got the empty brooder blues.... I need to fill it up again. SOOOOOO. I will be ordering from Ideal Hatchery since they are having a sale on some chicks. 99 cents for st. run and 1.30 for sexed hens.... decisions decisions!!!

ahhaha

who else is ordering?

______________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE! I placed my order this morning and the babies will be here on the 23rd! I have been construction my brooder, and it will be finished tomorrow! I'm so excited! I'll add pics of the brooder.... and then all the babies when I get them!!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    I've been wanting to add a few more hens. (like I need them...) but I need to find somewhere that has a lower min. order amount. McMurrary has a Min of 25! Ten would be good for me, but I doubt I can find a hatchery that'll do that and not charge me an arm & leg.

3. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    yeah thats true. Do you know anyone who would split an order with you?

I just ordered 25 suprise pullets
    and 25 st run bantams [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    Quote:[​IMG] You won't have the brooder blues any more! [​IMG]

5. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    gonzo&hispeeps :

I've been wanting to add a few more hens. (like I need them...) but I need to find somewhere that has a lower min. order amount. McMurrary has a Min of 25! Ten would be good for me, but I doubt I can find a hatchery that'll do that and not charge me an arm & leg.

MPC sells as few as 3 and there shipping is around $30.
    MyPetChicken.com​

6. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:[​IMG] You won't have the brooder blues any more! [​IMG]

You watch, my title will then change to "Brooder Anxiety" hahahahhahaha

7. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I was just telling DD last night that we need to get our order in. She wants to try banties this year since we got one (roo) from a feed store last spring. She fell in love with him/breed. We want hens though. I may get some more standards. I don't need 25 either so I'm hoping to find someone to split the order with me. Or just have to build another coop. Hhmmmmmm..............

8. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Henry'schickens :

I was just telling DD last night that we need to get our order in. She wants to try banties this year since we got one (roo) from a feed store last spring. She fell in love with him/breed. We want hens though. I may get some more standards. I don't need 25 either so I'm hoping to find someone to split the order with me. Or just have to build another coop. Hhmmmmmm..............

PPPPSSSSSTTTTT. Go to Ideal's website! They have a bantam special.... (min. order of 25) , but the bantams are only 99cents right now. St. run of course. But who cares! i love bantam roosters!! [​IMG]

9. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Quote:PPPPSSSSSTTTTT. Go to Ideal's website! They have a bantam special.... (min. order of 25) , but the bantams are only 99cents right now. St. run of course. But who cares! i love bantam roosters!! [​IMG]

I really appreciate you feeding my addiction! [​IMG] It is tempting but I want a closer hatchery. I will pay a little more to get hens only.
    You know you are causing a problem posting this, don't you? You enabler, you! [​IMG]

10. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Henry'schickens :

Quote:PPPPSSSSSTTTTT. Go to Ideal's website! They have a bantam special.... (min. order of 25) , but the bantams are only 99cents right now. St. run of course. But who cares! i love bantam roosters!! [​IMG]

I really appreciate you feeding my addiction! [​IMG] It is tempting but I want a closer hatchery. I will pay a little more to get hens only.
    You know you are causing a problem posting this, don't you? You enabler, you! [​IMG]

you can order special surprise pullets... heheh (they are $1.30 each). wink wink nudge nudge.... [​IMG]
    time to do the baby chicken happy dance [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by