1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Good Afternoon!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by APK1, Sep 28, 2016.

1. APK1

APK1 Just Hatched

Sep 28, 2016
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Alexis and I've been lurking a long time, but since we've finally made the leap and purchased 3 laying hens this weekend, I figured I'd make myself official.

I've wanted hens for a while, just had to have a the right space for them. We finally had a yard that would support the coop on top of all the other 'stuff' that goes along with a family and a husband that wood works.

Our girls are about 16 weeks, and we've gotten 3 eggs out of them. Had to replace one of the girls, as one was just dead the morning after we got them. Farm was exceptionally understanding about the situation and replaced her without issue. Still not sure what killed her. Newbie is still lurking up in the coop, guess she'll come down when she's ready.

Thanks for allowing me to lurk for so long prior to joining! The Coops section is EXTREMELY addicting. :)

Hope everyone has a great afternoon!
    Alexis

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome, Alexis, so glad you've joined us!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Alexis, and :welcome. Pleased you joined our community! Sounds like a pretty nice farmer to replace that hen. Hope you are enjoying those farm fresh eggs. Best wishes to you and your flock! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Alexis, hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do. [​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Alexis and welcome to our community - great that you have joined us, after lurking for a while (I think that most of us did the same). Hope all works out well with your new flock.

Best wishes
    CT

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

8. APK1

APK1 Just Hatched

Sep 28, 2016
    San Antonio, Texas
    Good morning -
    I think he was just as surprised as we were that she had died. Plus, at the end of the day - he is a business, so I'm sure that he was worried about reputation.

Cheers-
    Alexis

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your hen, but glad to hear the farm was so willing to replace her for you! That is a good of them.

10. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    :welcome

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by