Good Afternoon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChristineS, Apr 12, 2017.

1. ChristineS

ChristineS Just Hatched

Apr 12, 2017
    I have 7 hens and my poor little Sussex is being bullied by the others. She will no longer go in the coop and has found her own home. Is this typical for this breed of chicken?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Birds on the brain Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    [​IMG]

I wish I could help, but I only have ducks. You can research the breed by typing the name in the search bar near the top of the page. Maybe you can find the information you're looking for that way.

Best of luck!

3. Cntry1958

Cntry1958 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2017
    Somewhere in Maryland
    You may want to try putting her in there when they are all roosting late at night and see if it helps any. Try having her in a dog cage so she is protected till the other figure she is part of the flock. Or portion off some of the coop just for her.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under ChristineS [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry, I have no experienced with bullying in chickens but if you pop ‘bullied chicken’ into the search option, there are multiple threads on the subject and hopefully some good tips for you to get it sorted.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I wouldn't do that. If the others pick on her, they can have her bald by morning. Is your Sussex a new arrival to your flock? Or have they always picked on her? If she is a lot younger than them - she needs to be integrated properly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by