Good book?

wishin4chicken

Songster
11 Years
Jun 20, 2008
Hayden Lake, Idaho
I'm heading to my parents next week on the train and need something good to read. Anyone read anything good lately?
pop.gif

Michele

I just finished last night "The Shack" by William Young..excellent read,I actually cried and I can honestly tell you I havent cried over a book in years and years..Its a different kind of story about God,Faith and Love.

I don't know what types of books you like to read, but off the top of my head, some great fiction and non fiction.

I loved the book, A Country Year, the author writes about moving to the Ozarks and her husband leaves her so she now lives there alone and takes up beekeeping.
She has 300 hives and a honey company, but the book is about the seasons and the work that is involved on her farm, her neighbors, things like that.
I am not really doing it justice, great book.
Written by Sue Hubbell.

A funny book written by David Sedaris is about his life, very funny stories, he is self depricating and he admits to doing alot of stuff.
Its called Me Talk Pretty One Day.

If you want fiction
The true story of The Wicked Witch of the West.
Excellent, just like the title says, its the grown of version of the Wizard of Oz but the other side of the story.
Why the witch was a witch and why she was green, her college roomate was Glynda the good witch and she was mean.
The munchkins are the college party people.
Its a great book.

I'm re-reading Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea's The Illuminatus! Trilogy. It's a fun romp through the joys of anarchism, agnosticism, Maybe Logic and guerrilla ontology. It really helps maintain some perspective.

Last edited:
What kinds of books do you like to read? Here are some of my favorites in fiction...

A little Trashy (and funny) - One for the Money by Janet Evanovich

A little Wholesome - At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon

A little Psycho - pretty much anything by James Patterson - Cross, Cradle & All, The Jester, When the Wind Blows. There are too many good ones to name them all.

A little Emotional (ok, a LOT emotional) - anything by Nicholas Sparks - The Rescue, The Guardian, True Believer...

A little Romance (funny too) - Can you Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

Ok a great light and funny book that you can dip into and out of:

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series- Douglas Adams. My personal favorite makes me laugh everytime!

Another great read with short chapters:

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan- Lisa See. It's a very involving and moving story though, have kleenex handy.

All Creatures Great and Small- James Harriot, an English Vet's story and a classic. Lots of short stories.

Last edited:
I for one can never read anything on a moving vehical/train/plane/boat as it would make me sick.
But I do read,I love any V.C. Andrews book,Dean Koontz,Robin Cook,tons of Romance books and lots more.

Back
Top Bottom