1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Good breakfast recipes??

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by TheDuckCrew, Apr 11, 2009.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    I need some good breakfast recipes that are easy to make. i'm going to sneak my two duck eggs in there, so it can't require too many eggs unless i would use both my duck's eggs and store bought chicken eggs. thanks!

2. Littlecimarron18

Littlecimarron18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Colorado
    bump!

3. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
  4. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    I have a great recipe for pancakes from scratch that are as light as any from the mixes.. but the single batch uses only one egg..

My buddy who seldom eats pancakes told me how great these were..

5. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Any of the breakfast strata recipes would work nicely:

Layer the bottom of a greased 8x8 casserole with your choice of browned sausage, crumbled cooked bacon, ham or if you don't do meat use sliced tomatoes and/or mushrooms.
    Over that sprinkle 2 cups shredded cheese - cheddar is good, but jack, colby or goat cheese (crumbled) work fine too. Mozzarella gets a little stringy but you can use it.
    Next layer is toasted bread - as many slices as it takes to cover the stuff underneath. If you use sourdough (sliced about 1/2" thick) you don't have to toast first.
    Lightly whisk 6 eggs - maybe 4 duck eggs? - with a bit of milk, salt & pepper (or a dash of hot sauce) and pour over everything else.
    Let sit covered in the fridge overnight and bake at 375 until puffed and lightly browned and a knife stuck in the center comes out clean.
    Let cool a bit before slicing into squares to serve.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:i'll be trying this! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by