1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

good by BYC

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dan_grow, Nov 24, 2010.

1. dan_grow

dan_grow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    st. Louis
    I'm going to stop raising chickens for a while i just don't feel the satisfaction of raising them anymore, because of all this opposition I'm getting from my neighbors ,my friends ,and my family. i guess i should get back to my school work......

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Sorry to hear that, I would prove them all wrong and do what I enjoy. You don't have to leave BYC, You will be missed.

3. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Well Danny boy please don't neglect your school work and ya know there are a few teachers here who will help if you need it , I'm sure. Don't forget us and know we're here to help in any way we can. Just one final thing. Don't let anyone friend or foe keep you from your passion and dream. If it's a noble and honerable thing then go for it.

Praying the best for you
    Rancher

4. dan_grow

May 21, 2010
    st. Louis
    ill definitely come back to raising chickens and any other type of live stock i can get my hands on but not here maybe if i move to an area where i can raise the animals better and with less restrictions until then Au revoir.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Many members don't have chickens-you can stick around!

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Please don't leave....your experience for new chicken owners are very much needed!Who knows a chicken friend might look into having chickens.

There are many of us we do not have chickens and their inputs are well valued.

7. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    Yeah, stick around just because your taking a break doesn't mean you can't learn more or help others with what your experience has been. Just stay with the social part of it for a while. We sure would love to keep you. Will

8. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    BYC isnt JUST about the chickens.....its about having a good time on here and helping others. Many people new too raising chickens could certainly benifit from you helping them.Plus dont listen to those jerks who are trying to take away your hobby.And even if you cant raise chickens look into raising quail or something there pretty cool too.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  9. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    School should always come first, chickens, or any animal, should be a hobby only when you have the extra time to give them the proper attention and care they need.

No matter HOW many animals I want... and I do want more... I just can't right now, not enough time to go around for everyone to be 100%. Doesn't mean you can't care about them, and just come back to them again later. [​IMG]

10. dan_grow

May 21, 2010
    st. Louis
    pringle
    And even if you cant raise chickens look into raising quail or something there pretty cool too

maybe i'll look into quails ,and i'll keep raising a few meaties ,guess i'll stick around.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by