Good By Chester

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by L&Schickens, Jun 13, 2008.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    My big wonderful rooster was killed by a raccoon this morning. He was attacked by something, maybe the same raccoon, about 3 weeks ago that left 2 other chickens dead and 3 injured. Chester was the worst off with a broken leg. I decided to let him out of the cage yesterday so he could hop around and eat grass and do what chickens do.
    Last night my hubby heard something out side and there was a raccoon running around. He chased it off. A few minutes later he heard something again and it was on the porch trying to get to our turkey poults and eating and dumping our koi food everywhere!! He chased it off again.
    Well, Chester was fine all night and David saw him early this am on his way to work. But later when I got up I could not find him. I fed the horses and birds and later I came out again looking for Chester. I found parts of him this time. I am so bummed. I wish I had chicks by him.

WE NEED A DOG!!!

By By my sweet bird.

[​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

So sorry to hear about your rooster. Sounds like he was originally injured while pulling guard duty if he was hit in the first attack. What a good boy. Sorry for your loss.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    So sorry!

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by