Good by Old friend

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lamoka, Sep 22, 2011.

1. lamoka

lamoka Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2010
    Western NY
    I had to say goodby to a dear friend today. She was a steadfast loyal friend for the past 13 1/2 years. She was my child before I had children and she was a great motherly figure to my two girls who are now 5 and 7. She loved to be with me whatever I was doing be it chores, hunting or just relaxing around home. At times she seemed to be underfoot but it was just her way of showing her love plus she was always close for any scraps that might hit the floor. When I would get home late from work she would always greet me at the door even when the rest of the family had long since gone to bed. She would always lay so she was either touching me or she could see me. I miss her so much I keep expecting to trip over her and it is driving me crazy. Please owners of dogs do not let happen to your best friend what happened to mine today I lost Zoey when she was running to catch up to me when I was moving our Pony to a differnt pasture she startled him and he kicked her I got her to the vet but he was unable to stabalize her. The Pony had never kicked at any dog or human but she came at him from behind around a corner and the worst happened. I blame my self it was not the ponies fault so please be carefull ponies and horses are very powerful creatures and when scared they kick out Zoey was a 85 lb black Lab so she was not just a tiny dog, and she also respected horses she just made an error trying to catch up to me and it cost her her life.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How sad to lose a family member in such a way.

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Oh, how sad. I'm sorry.

Imp

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Sorry for your loss [​IMG]

5. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    sorry for your loss [​IMG]

6. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] So sorry this happened. My friend lost her rat terrier in a similar way, she turned the horse in the pasture and as they pasted her and the dog one kick out in a playful way and made slight contact with the little dog. She was so upset that she didn't tell the dog to stay outside the fence.

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] I am so sorry for your loss. [​IMG] to you. Someone on here posted this to me when I lost a beloved friend/family member. I hope it helps you. Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown

8. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG] So sorry. [​IMG]

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG] Sorry for your loss.

10. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    I am so sorry. I unfortunately know that pain of losing a beloved dog suddenly to something that you feel was preventable... it is a very hard thing. [​IMG] to you tonight.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by