Good bye, Mr. Waddles

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hodawg, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Hodawg

Hodawg Chillin' With My Peeps

I guess that this belongs in the "Raising Baby Chicks" section. If not, Mods please move to the appropriate spot.

Back on Dec. 1st we took possession of our first baby chicks ever. Five Plymouth Barred Rocks. The whole sequence can best be explained on my Member Chicken Page. To make a long story short, our only Rooster, Mr. Waddles needed a new home. To my great surprise, via Craigslist, we were able to find a great home for our beloved cockerel in just a few minutes. In fact, I was inundated with calls all night and into the next day. He is now living happily up in Bayou George, FL, only a few minutes from our home, and is starting a new life with his 6 new girlfriends.

So to all who fret over what to do with a Roo that, much as you hate it, you just can't keep, keep in mind that there are always good folks who will take them in if you advertise them correctly.

Please give "My Coop" Page a peek and wish Mr. Waddles well.

Beers y'all,
    Ken

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Glad he found a good home!

3. tinydancer87

tinydancer87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    SE Georgia
    Yep, Craigslist is how I get rid of all my extra roosters. I never had a negative experience until recently, I put three young roos on there. I went through THREE different people calling and arranging pickup, then not showing or not calling back. At one point my chicks sat in a box for like 4 hours while I was waiting, and they guy finally said, I'll get them later. WHAT!!!

Finally a nice old man called and met me at the gas station, now the little roos have lots of friends to play with.

4. Hodawg

Hodawg Chillin' With My Peeps

I called the new owner this afternoon. He said that Mr. Waddles was not exactly welcomed in with open arms (wings) on the first day, but by the second day everybody in the flock were like they had known each other forever. Looks like Mr. Waddles will enjoy his new mates.

Beers y'all,
    Ken

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by