Good bye, My isadora.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Cluckcluck1215, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Cluckcluck1215

Cluckcluck1215 Overrun With Chickens

Good bye, Isadora.My Izzys gone and this is how it happened.

I went outside to put there dirt in there pen and I relized that everyone was hiding.I look in side, I count, 1..2...3...4.. And then I relize, Brownie, Harriet, Isadora, Cinder, Granite and Beatrix are missing,I start freaking out and I'm thinking of crap of crap!NOT HARRIET AND BEA!And run into the run and look inside a black container they love to sit in.Good, there was Bea and Hranite.But, Isadora, Harriet, Brownie and Cinder are still missing.I run out of the run and copp(of course closing the door)And I'm screaming, running up and down the driveway and I see a bundle of orange feathers inside the pen."oh no"I thought, I walk toward the gate and there was my Isadora, my beautiful Isadora, dead.I start crying(and of course I already had gotten Mother and Grandfather)And I go into the coop And I find Harriet.I was SO relived.I go out and start calling for Cinder and Brownie.I go back to the coop and I find Cinder and Brownie.Odd.So my Grandfather crawled into the pen and reached for Izzy, and she jumped up and started making a AWFUL squawking noise.Her mouth was covered in blood and her eye was torn.She had a tear in her neck."THAT BLASTED ERMIN!"I think, I reached for Isadora and sat next to her, hoping to save her.My Mother told me,"it's to late, come inside.Im so sorry"I petted Isadora for the last time,Goodbye, Izzy, I love you with all my heart.I will NEVER forget you"with that I left the pen, crying my head of and my Grandfather took care of her.

I still crying.I miss my big fluffy Izzy SOmuch.She was he TINEIST chick I had ever seen and she grew up to be the biggest of my chicks.I miss her.:hit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She was killed by some type of bird, thought.A hawk or a owl.:hit

Goodbye, My Isadora, from a tiny, TINY chick to my biggest.I love you, and you deserve as big as a fare well as this.I love you, miss, you, Goodbye , I will NEVER forge you, my Izzy.

2. PeepersMama

PeepersMama Living in a galaxy far, far away... Premium Member

Aww, she was a beautiful girl.So sorry you lost her [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Hopefeathers

Hopefeathers Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2017
    :hit :hugs
    She was beautiful!!!!

4. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    I'm so, so sorry for your loss, Cluckcluck. :hugs

5. microchick

microchick Overrun With Chickens

Isadora was a very lucky hen to have you as her mom. She was loved so much. Sometimes the last gift we can give a beloved pet is to say goodbye to them when their time comes.

Try not to hate the hawk. It was just doing what hawks do. Trying to stay alive. I'd keep the rest of your flock under cover for a few days and make sure you have your run covered with netting. If a hawk thinks it can get an easy chicken dinner, it will be back. We have Red Tailed Hawks, Owls and right now we have an Eagle hanging around. You can never be too safe when you have winged predators around.

[​IMG]I am so sorry for your loss. You are not alone. Sooner or later we all loose a beloved chicken. It's never easy.

6. Leave a LightOn

Leave a LightOn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2016
    Where the West Begins
    [​IMG] So sorry for your loss. It is wonderful, though, that you have so many great pictures and memories of her. From tiny chick til the end - you loved her very much and she knew it. Hold on to those good memories. [​IMG]

7. Cluckcluck1215

Thank you, pipd.

P
    I know they try to stay alive but I can't help hating them.I do, See this fall I expanded there run and them we got a snow storm and the heavy wet snow toar Down the netting I had on the expanded part.So, I built a snow bank and stuffed the netting in that so the old area in there run was covered and then the snow started to melt.And Izzy, Went into the expanded area were there was no netting and there I think she got attacked and then ran into the covered area.Thank you.

Thank you, Light.I took as many pictures as I could and I have MORE!

8. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Sorry for your loss.[​IMG]

9. vachick15

vachick15 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2015
    The Old Dominion
    I'm sooooo sorry about Isadora! I don't know what else to say but, *hugs*[​IMG]

10. Cluckcluck1215

Think you, Tina.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by