1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Good Chicken health book for a novice

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by sierranomad, Mar 24, 2015.

1. sierranomad

sierranomad Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2015
    Mokelumne Hill, CA
    I have been reading about allsorts of pests and diseases here on BYC. When my birds are hit with something I want to notice it promptly so am thinking a book on chicken health would be wise.

I am thinking about the Chicken Health for Dummies book. Is this a good book, or is there another one that would be more helpful for a novice? I am alternately thinking about the raising chickens for dummies book, but the health one sounds more in line with what I am looking for. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Jon

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  2. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    I am one to get multiple books but some of the best that deal with Health are books like Gail Damerow's Chicken Health Handbook, The chicken encyclopedia, and yes the Chicken Health for Dummies would also be a good one.

If you go on reviews there is a book section of books that people have read and reviewed.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  3. sierranomad

sierranomad Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2015
    Mokelumne Hill, CA

OK! thanks, I will check that out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by