good day/ bad day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by seminolewind, Feb 26, 2008.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Today I served on a jury. It was actually very interesting, and I got to be Jury Foreman. I used to cringe at being called. This was my first actual jury duty, and I will not mind in the future.
    BUT, my day was a big let down. On the way home I stopped at Kohl's with a gift certificate. When I went to pay, the cash register showed a 15% discount. SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why me??????????????? I'm 49 and always thought I looked young. Boy am I wrong, and this cashier was older than me!!!!!!. What a let down to my day. I could cry. I hate getting older.

2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    lol they are bennifits on getting older.. "I think" lol jk

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I am 46 and if anyone wanted to think me old enough to get a good discount...more power (and money) to ME! [​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Ohhh, I know the feeling!! I got the senior discount at MC D's...at 43!! PUNKS!!! edited to say.....

Why I outta smack them with my cane! LOL

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  5. Kaneke

Kaneke Chillin' With My Peeps

it can go the other way

hubby got "carded" at Longs Drugs when he bought wine for dinner -- they card you if you "don't appear to be 40"

he is 78 next month .....

C

6. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    Quote:I'll have some of whatever wine he's drinking!

7. Kaneke

Kaneke Chillin' With My Peeps

Johannesburg Riesling and Texas Tea -- LOL

he has looked exactly the same for about 40 years, at least according to pix taken of him every so often

I think I may be responsible for most of his hair turning white the last seven years though

8. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Ok here is a story I am 15 and my dad left to go get something at the grocery store and I was at check out with some beer for my parents party and I didn't get carded and the lady though all the stuff was mine because my dad gave me his card to check out with. Then she asks is this yours and I say its my dads and she says oh is that your dad how old are you any way and I said 15 and she said oh god I though you were like 25. I do have a beard and I am 6'1 and big but I don't think I look 25. Oh well I guess it can be a blessing and a curse LOL [​IMG]

Henry

9. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I'm 52 and keep getting things from AARP, now THAT makes you feel OLD.

10. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Wait til you have a 23 year old granddaughter!!! Now that's old! [​IMG]

Jacie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by