1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Good day today-Long day today

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Buster, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Today we loaded up four cockerels to take to sclanimals down in Utah because we were going down to see my sister's brand new baby daughter. We left just after sunrise. On the way down, we stopped and picked up welsummer eggs from gamebirds only. We went on down and saw my sister and had lunch with my aunt after that. Then we met sclanimals and gave her the four cockerels and borrowed her Sportsman 500 and picked up three ducks and a speckled sussex cockerel from her. We made it back home and unloaded the birds and plugged in the incubator by about 10:30 PM. We drove over 500 miles today but had a great trip.

Tomorrow, I have over three dozen eggs to set. [​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Woot! Good luck with your hatch.

3. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Good for you Buster, congrats on the new baby.
    I will be firing up my bators soon as well. I should of been this week but found out I will be having 2 surgeries in the next 4 months so I put it on hold. Well I can still change my mind on that LOL. Let us know how the hatch goes.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

What a fun and exhausting day! I need to drive back to Utah one day. Lived there twice and haven't been back since 1994.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by