Good deal, my school system is hatching my eggs for me

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by the simple life, Oct 26, 2009.

1. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

I got a call this weekend from the man that runs the science department in our school system wanting to know if he could buy some hatching eggs from me for his classes.
    I said absolutely but you don't have to buy them I will give them to you as long as you return the chicks to me and don't send them off somewhere.
    He was just as excited to not have to find homes for them as well so we have a great deal.
    Even better he is going to brood them for me so his classes can watch their development.
    I have been to his science center and he has an extremely nice set up and his coop is better than some chicken owners I know.
    He also feeds the same food as I do.
    I cannot tell you how happy I am with this situation.
    I have been wanting to hatch some more of my chicks, black copper marans, olive eggers and easter eggers but just did not feel like dealing with it right now and kept putting it off.
    I threw in some orpington eggs, frizzles and cochins and I hope what I think is a speckled sussex for good measure so we shall see.
    I have had my hands full with the meatbirds so this is just perfect right now.

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Lucky you! Can't beat that. What a great idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by