Good deal?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Buxton Ducks, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Buxton Ducks

Buxton Ducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Buxton, Maine
    I am going to pick up a craigslist find tonight! 1 toulouse gander and 2 supposed toulouse geese. It looks to me like there is indeed a toulouse gander but maybe a pilgrim goose and a buff goose maybe. They are all a year old and free to a good home, which will be my home where they can join my two sebbies. I am correct in my breed identification? I will post some pics when I get them tonight. Thanks everybody!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    looks to be a buff, pilgrim and toulouse. Cant tell from a photo what genders are though

3. Buxton Ducks

Buxton Ducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Buxton, Maine
    Well here they are! She thought the one with the white face was a gander, but it looks like a female pilgrim to me. She said the buff and toulouse were sitting on their eggs all spring but something would come in at night and eat the eggs. Do males sit on eggs as well? It would be cool if I had 3 girls! If I do there will be a lot of sebbie mixes this spring.

[​IMG]

They are all very small. The buff is the same size as my sebastopols and the other two and slightly smaller. My poor sebbies just got done moulting and look like drowned rats......

[​IMG]

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    if they were sitting eggs they are females and why on earth she didnt take the eggs (they werent fertile) is beyond me. Check your local market for a farm yard mixed gosling unless you plan to keep them all. More and more peope are learning about the breeds and want pure bred unless its for the table.

5. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    They are very pretty!! And free to a good home?! I'd say very good deal [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by