Good Egg or Bad Egg

amynbrent

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Dryden, MI
I had a baby hatch on Thursday night. The next one should have followed by a day or two based on the lay date. I didnt know she was on another until I saw her off the nest and found it. That was about 3 days later. This egg is in an incubator. Before I put it in there I did a quick candling and I believe it was moving. Today when I went to turn it I checked again. There is a clear air bubble at the big end and the rest is a solid mass. The only concern I have is from the air bubble to to solid mass it looks like a ring of something. In this ring there are some veins. I dont know how long to leave this egg. I've read about eggs breaking and smelling. I dont want that to happen. Right now there is no smell so should I just leave it another day or two?

I am far from an expert, but it sound like it is viable and because of the solid mass is probably close to hatching. I would quit turning, crank the humidity and keep your hands off
smile.png

As long as that "ring" looks to have viens it is viable. Your temp should be at 98 and humidity beyond 65%. Do not turn the egg. If it looks suddenly as thou it is floating and the ring with veins grey, and vienless it is dead.

Back
Top Bottom