Good...erm, "lap" quail?

NeoRoey

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 27, 2010
Hello everyone. I'm just wondering what would be a very docile type of quail. One that would be able to calmly sit on my lap (with me holding it, of course). After about 5 minutes, my button quails are just like, "That's it," and start going nuts. I only tried twice, but got the same reaction. It seems like none of my animals are calm, not even my dog. So, which quail is calmest?

I can't definitively tell you which breed is most docile, but I can say this. A friend of mine's little girl came here a couple of weeks ago and took home 2 Coturnix chicks to raise as pets. I was shocked when her dad came back yesterday and told me that the 2 quail were laying on their shoulders and falling asleep. Crawling into their shirt pockets and, Get this, Walking on a little leash!?! So, I guess it's possible to tame the Coturnix quail...

Courtnix it is. I was crossing my fingers for Gambel's, but, eh. Anyways, my peachicks LOVE me, but my parents don't like me handling them.

My corturnix are fairly tame, too, and don't mind being held.
smile.png
I don't think most of the more exotic quail would make good pets, they aren't as domesticated as the corturnix.

Definitely Coturnix. I had a pair of Texas A&Ms that would sleep in my hand, or sit in my lap.
smile.png
Gambels are cool, but flighty.
And, if you're going to get them, may I suggest hatching eggs? The chicks are SO tiny, that shipping them will likely be very hard on them. The coturnix eggs do surprisingly well in shipping, too, and there are many different colors out there.
smile.png

I love my coturnix especially my little tibetan quail hen that is sick right now... I have no clue what to give her since only a couple people have responded to my emergeny thread about her and I have no clue of the dosages... Anyways she is just a lap bug. Doesn't flip out or anything and just walks around here and there then sits on my lap. I love love
love.gif
my little girl and I hope she makes it.....
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom