Good Evening, new chicken Junky! from Oregon!

trbarret

Hatching
Mar 19, 2015
Newbie, Just got eight, 7 day old chicks layers last week. Wife and Kids really are enjoying raising them. Plus my kids cannot eat store bought white eggs without getting a stomach ache due to being gluten sensitive. They can only eat eggs from chickens that are not fed gluten. So when they start laying we will have to make sure the feed is correct and let them free range the yard. Any info on gluten free food for chickens and ideas is extremely helpful. I will start researching the food types as well.
We are planning our coop and determining the size we need and one that is simple. Any advice is greatly appreciated! I enjoy reading all the helpful info on this site.

Glad to be a member on this site!

trbarret

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join to our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any specific questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chicks did you get?

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congrats on your new chicks :celebrate I love raising chicks it's such a rewarding experience and great fun. Drop by the feeding section of the forum for help on non gluten chicken feed https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/12/feeding-amp-watering-your-flock

Wishing you the very best of luck with this new chicken journey. Hope you enjoy BYC I am sure you will, everyone here to help and very friendly :frow

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You have come to the right place for all the fun and learning! Definitely stop by our Feeding and Watering your flock section for more help with finding a gluten free feed. You may need to go old school and feed your flock as they did back in the old days...table scraps of varied foods. Do your research on how best to feed your birds to keep them as healthy as possible. Egg layers need so much in the way of nutrients to keep them laying and alive.

Good luck and welcome to our flock!

Hello, and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

Congratulations on your new chicks! I suggest posting in the Feeding section for some good answers on raising gluten-free chicken. Good luck with your birds!

Back
Top Bottom