Good excuse to not mow the lawn...

Totes Quackers

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Melbourne
It is Winter here in Melbourne, Australia... but we have been having some beautiful sunny (but cold!) days.. the lawn is thick and green and in desperate need of a mow but I can't bring myself to do it! My quacker is enjoying finding too many yummy things... well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!
87049_280620111205_1.jpg

lol.. Mine to!! I have a gorgeously green lawn too. I have not seen my grass so nice in the nine years I have lived at this house. Of course my excuse for not mowing the lawn... I have 2 geese
big_smile.png
They do the back yard nicely for me. I mowed the front about three weeks ago- but dont expect to do it again for another month I guess.

OH..Looks to be a cold night tonight though ..I was noticing the fog forming as I was driving home from work half an hour ago.

Looks like you have some very happy birds there.

It's amazing to see some greenery after being so dry for so long! My gorgeous girls and my quacker boy are LOVING it, it's so funny to watch them... ahhhh I'm hooked now!
love.gif

lol...its so funny to see photos like this of "DUCKS IN WINTER" most of the photos posted here include lots of snow. I took a few pics over the weekend- heres one -not so good of the ducks- but shows just how green my grass is out the back. Middle of winter and its long and so much colour...must be all the great fertilizer it has been getting.

46956_wife.jpg

Sorry to hijack the Australian thread
wink.png
Being from Canada and in winter we get the cold white stuff,
big_smile.png
I'm just wondering how cold is cold in Australia? It looks lovely
lau.gif

Oh, you Australians are so lucky! Here in Ohio it's sooooo cold in the winter.....no green grass for us! Snow and more snow.......BUT, we don't have to mow in the winter......We have to shovel and plow the snow......I think I'd RATHER mow......LOL

Love the pics! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon

Well I personally think it's a wonderful idea and I think you should stick to it...lol..looks pretty delicious to me also.

Quote:
Today in Melbourne it is a gorgeous 17 degrees ( 63 F ) Overnight it will get down to 8 ( 46 F) But this is very warm for this time of year. We have experienced a very mild winter so far. Im sure it was colder last night - as I woke to find me car covered in ice.

I have never seen snow!!!! I'd love too tho just so I could say I have seen it! It certainly has been a mild winter! Hope it continues..
smile.png

Quote:
Today in Melbourne it is a gorgeous 17 degrees ( 63 F ) Overnight it will get down to 8 ( 46 F) But this is very warm for this time of year. We have experienced a very mild winter so far. Im sure it was colder last night - as I woke to find me car covered in ice.

You Melbournians got nuthin' on Sydney! :p
It's 14C right now here...been raining off and on for the better of today....ANd this Winter has been worse than most I find maybe that's just where I live
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom