Good excuse to not mow the lawn...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Totes Quackers, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Totes Quackers

Totes Quackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Melbourne
    It is Winter here in Melbourne, Australia... but we have been having some beautiful sunny (but cold!) days.. the lawn is thick and green and in desperate need of a mow but I can't bring myself to do it! My quacker is enjoying finding too many yummy things... well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!
    [​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    lol.. Mine to!! I have a gorgeously green lawn too. I have not seen my grass so nice in the nine years I have lived at this house. Of course my excuse for not mowing the lawn... I have 2 geese [​IMG] They do the back yard nicely for me. I mowed the front about three weeks ago- but dont expect to do it again for another month I guess.

OH..Looks to be a cold night tonight though ..I was noticing the fog forming as I was driving home from work half an hour ago.

Looks like you have some very happy birds there.

3. Totes Quackers

Apr 17, 2011
    Melbourne
    It's amazing to see some greenery after being so dry for so long! My gorgeous girls and my quacker boy are LOVING it, it's so funny to watch them... ahhhh I'm hooked now! [​IMG]

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    lol...its so funny to see photos like this of "DUCKS IN WINTER" most of the photos posted here include lots of snow. I took a few pics over the weekend- heres one -not so good of the ducks- but shows just how green my grass is out the back. Middle of winter and its long and so much colour...must be all the great fertilizer it has been getting.

[​IMG]

5. evansacres

evansacres Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    Sorry to hijack the Australian thread [​IMG] Being from Canada and in winter we get the cold white stuff, [​IMG] I'm just wondering how cold is cold in Australia? It looks lovely [​IMG]

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, you Australians are so lucky! Here in Ohio it's sooooo cold in the winter.....no green grass for us! Snow and more snow.......BUT, we don't have to mow in the winter......We have to shovel and plow the snow......I think I'd RATHER mow......LOL

Love the pics! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon

7. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Well I personally think it's a wonderful idea and I think you should stick to it...lol..looks pretty delicious to me also.

8. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Quote:Today in Melbourne it is a gorgeous 17 degrees ( 63 F ) Overnight it will get down to 8 ( 46 F) But this is very warm for this time of year. We have experienced a very mild winter so far. Im sure it was colder last night - as I woke to find me car covered in ice.

9. Totes Quackers

Apr 17, 2011
    Melbourne
    I have never seen snow!!!! I'd love too tho just so I could say I have seen it! It certainly has been a mild winter! Hope it continues..
    [​IMG]

10. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:Today in Melbourne it is a gorgeous 17 degrees ( 63 F ) Overnight it will get down to 8 ( 46 F) But this is very warm for this time of year. We have experienced a very mild winter so far. Im sure it was colder last night - as I woke to find me car covered in ice.

You Melbournians got nuthin' on Sydney! :p
    It's 14C right now here...been raining off and on for the better of today....ANd this Winter has been worse than most I find maybe that's just where I live [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by