Good Feed/Supply Store near Concord/Charlotte NC?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by arlee453, Aug 23, 2007.

1. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Anyone out there in the Charlotte vicinity....

Can you recommend a good place for chicken supplies? I live in Concord NC and we have Tractor Supply and I think it's McDonald's supply up on 49 and Old Airport Rd.

Neither place has much for chickens... anyone have a better supply place??

Thanks

Susan

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
  3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Do y'all have a Southern States. They're a pretty big company, you should have one.

4. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    The closest southern states is on 73 on the other side of Mt Pleasant from me towards Albemarle.

Was hoping there's somewhere closer that has some good stuff for chickents. Tractor supply just has feed and feeders and McDonalds at least did have a brooder light & feed but not much else poultry related.

5. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    The Tractor supply in Shelby has the feeders, lights, wire, feed (Starter and Layer) etc. It's better than the Southern States in Gastonia but they're pretty good to.

6. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    It's a bit further to drive, but Mauney's in New London is where I have always bought most of my stuff.

Lowes has brooder lights (red 250's and white 125's) and light fixtures, and most types of wire.

See if your Tractor Supply can special order things for you. It typically doesn't cost extra, so long as they can have it come in on the next truck.

If there is any wire that you need that you can't find, try Home Depot (don't have one near me) or ACE hardware. My local ACE will cut wire by the square foot if needed.

What exactly are you looking for?

Hope this helps a little,
    Emily in Albemarle, NC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by