Good first 'bator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by madanesor, May 9, 2007.

1. madanesor

madanesor Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2007
    Hello!

I was wondering, if I wanted to hatch about 20-25 chicks, and wanted to be able to change between hatching lots of diffrent sized eggs, and wanted something cheap, clear, and easy to use! What is the best option for me?

2. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    I would recomend either one of the Hova-Bators or the Little Giant with Turbo Fan. I have both a Little Giant with Turbo Fan and a Hova-bator thermal flow. The LG with fan works awesome and so does the thermal flow. Wouldnt trade them for anything.....well maybe a SPORTSMAN which holds 500 eggs lol.
    GOOD LUCK
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. madanesor

madanesor Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2007
    Do you think you could show me one of these on E-bay?

4. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
  5. nenenick

nenenick Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2007
    Hello, I bought one a couple of years ago. I don't remembered if I even used it. I am willing to sell for $20.00. It is just the still air and no turner. I think I bought to use as a hatcher, but never got around to it! I recently bought a R COM -20 which i like a lot but have had one quival with!

regards

6. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    nenenick-

I'd be interested in your 'bator- I need it for a hatcher to go along with my hova. Where are you shipping from? You can email me with details, if you like. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  7. nenenick

nenenick Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2007
    Hello, I'm in michigan. I,m at work right now, but when I get home I'll dig it up and send photo's if you like. I'm not sure if the box was even opened!

8. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    That'd be perfect! Thanks, nenenick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by