good food....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mom'sfolly, Sep 29, 2011.

1. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    My sister is visiting me. Today, for the first time, she had Vietnamese food and Indian food. I think she now understands why I am so fat. [​IMG]

But seriously, she loved the food and it was great fun introducing her to new foods. We ordered more food than usual at the Indian restaurant, and she got to try biryani, naan, papad, samosas, pakoras, aloo gobhi, tandoor shrimp, shrimp curry, chicken tikka masala and a masala dosa, along with assorted chutneys and sambar. After the 30,000 or calories we consumed today, we are both swilling red wine. I think she may have to go home soon, or me and the michelin man will be mistaken for twins. [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

While I am not a fan of Indian food, I do LOVE Vietnamese food. I will try anything once, twice if I like it. I am a fan of escargot. [​IMG]

3. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Yum. [​IMG]

Love indian cusine, esp. bengali [​IMG]

I always tell people that it's good I'm not rich cause I would spend it all on food [​IMG]

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    i had a bad food experience with Indian food in Orlando. My husband and me went to a restaurant there. Our stomach werent used to the food or i dont know, but we didnt make it across the road to our hotel room before getting the worst stomach aches. I love jamaican food!!!!

5. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    I love Thai, Vietnamese and Korean food.

6. PlazzaKom

PlazzaKom New Egg

Oct 2, 2011
    I also love Indian Foods. My Favourite Food is Rice Krispies. Rice Krispies provide excellent vitamins and nutritions. Doctor often recommend to include more rice in the diet for better digestion. The contents of rice often help to stimulate the digestion process.

-------------------------------------
    spammer link removed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2011
  7. momoeight

momoeight Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2011
    I have to admit that I only recently discovered Indian food. We had some amazing food at a little restaurant in Joshua, CA about a year ago and now I can't quit thinking about it! I have even been learning to make it. It comes out pretty good, except for the naan. There must be some trick to that!!

8. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    The trick to naan is a tandoor. Even Indians don't make it at home. Try something like roti or chapati for Indian bread at home. Chapati flour is very finely milled whole wheat flour, and can be found at Indian groceries. I use it whenever I need whole wheat flour because it is almost pastry flour fine.

9. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I [​IMG] naan...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by